Members – 1 Member per School
Each member school nominates a representative (Head Teacher / Chair of Governors) to attend Member meetings. They are complemented by city council representation by the Portfolio Holder for Education, currently Cllr Neghat Khan.
The members have a number of key functions: signing off financial accounts and annual reports, developing, reviewing and monitoring the medium-term plan and meeting at least three times a year to hold the Board of Trustees to account.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees holds the CEO (responsible for the day to day management of the trust) to account. They have responsibility for the school improvement function and the business function within the Trust. The Chair has a key role in steering the work of the board.
The NST Board of Trustees:
- Lucy Dadge, Chief Commissioning Officer, Mid Nottinghamshire Commissioning Group (chair)
- Gary Fullwood, Head Teacher, Heathfield Primary (vice chair)
- Mandy Austin, Executive Head Teacher, Fernwood Primary
- Carol Norman, SIA and former Head Teacher, Welbeck Primary
- Peter Ware, Head of the Government and Infrastructure Team at Browne Jacobson LLP
- Robert Kelsall, Senior Regional Officer National Association of Head Teachers
- Gill Moy, Director of Housing, Nottingham City Homes
- Cllr. Chris Tansley, Councillor for Mapperley Ward
The Chief Executive Officer ensures the trust maintains its strong moral purpose and organisational values of excellence, integrity, accountability and collaboration. As a priority, the CEO, together with school leaders, reviews data and feedback from the School Improvement Advisors to identify areas of best practice or potential risks within schools. The CEO then determines how to direct the resources from the trust in the most efficient and effective way.
The NST governance document outlines the governance arrangements in more detail.