School Temporary Closure Checklist
School Partially Open Checklist
School Reopening Checklist
NST Schools Closure Process
- Ideally all NST schools will stay open if they have children that need to be in school.
- Any affected schools must contact the DfE when there is a confirmed case on 0800 046 8687 and select the option for advice following confirmation of a positive case. The line will be open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm, and 10.00am to 4.00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The school will be given advice regarding potential closure.
- If schools are forced to consider full or partial closure the remaining staff who are able to attend work and any children of key workers/ EHCP children and Vulnerable children must go to another school with capacity within the hub/cluster.
- The closing school must first contact the LA Covid team via Covidarrangements@nottinghamcity.gov.uk to discuss the planned closure and any placements that need to be accommodated. The LA may then allocate a host school for any children, as well as the closing school staff.
- If full closure is agreed with the LA the closing school will contact the host school and consider:
- any children who need to be accommodated including any educational needs, social care involvement, safeguarding needs or any further critical information and records.
- The staff team capacity that will accompany the children.
- Closing school should pass on records for children joining the school role including child’s name, child’s URN, School URN, emergency contact details via encrypted email.
- The Host school will send ‘joining’ instructions to the closing school for parent’s information (ie. Letter 1)
- The host school will then organise an appropriate rota of staff from both host and home school so that all children benefit from familiar adults.
- The home school will inform parents of closure and arrangement made.
- Schools marked in yellow have been identified as potential hub schools for the purposes of our cluster model.
- An LA Lead Officer nominated in July as a key contact for each cluster.
NST Cluster / Hub Model
LLC/ Janine Walker to lead
Loretta Shepard to lead
Amanda Dawson to lead
Terry Smith to Lead
|LA Lead Officer||Janine Walker||Karen McAndrew||Jasmin Howell||Lucy Juby|
|Cluster 1||Foxwood||Glade Hill||Forest Fields||Milford|
|Cluster 2||Pat Fielding to lead||Sarah Fielding to lead||Mandy Austin to lead|
If the LA Lead Officer is not available please contact:
- Peter McConnochie – tel 07850908886 or email Peter.McConnochie@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
- Janine Walker – email Janine.Walker@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Reopening Schools Protocols
Emma Hollis (one of our fantastic School Improvement Advisors) has shared with us this really helpful toolkit:
Judith at Melbury has kindly forwarded to us a copy of their reopening protocols for the classroom, which other schools may find useful: